To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Community Corrections
Job Title: Office Technician/Criminal Probation
Salary: $12.99 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address email@example.com. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Perform office reception duties for Community Corrections.
- Answer questions regarding client information to the public as well as the Courts, Attorney's, Law Enforcement, other supervising agencies and service providers.
- Maintain department inventory.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of client charges as assessed for case management budgetary and audit purposes.
- Gather confidential and legal documentation regarding client criminal history and mental health and/or substance abuse services upon assignment to the program for purposes of scheduling Intake.
- Enter all verified client information into JJA and KDOC databases for supervision purposes upon assignment to the program.
- Maintain weekly contact with the Courts regarding upcoming client court proceedings and assure that appropriate Staff members are notified for participation.
- Assist in all clerical functions.
- Responsible for typing forms, reports and legal documents for office staff.
- Must be able to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Must be able to work with public in a congenial manner.
- Must be able to handle confidential information regarding client supervision.
- Attend required training on the principles and techniques of Motivational Interviewing and Evidence Based Practices for the criminal justice field at the first affordable opportunity or within 2 years of hire.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Legal system and/or Criminal Justice System procedure and practice.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in office practices and procedures.
- General understanding of Court System procedure and practice.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Access.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to different tasks.
- The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, prioritize, pay attention to detail and maintain accuracy while dealing with constant interruptions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
FUNDING: This position is funded from a Community Corrections Grant with the Kansas Department of Corrections and Juvenile Justice Authority. Employment is subject to full grant approval.
For a complete job description or additional information contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/30/2017 11:59:59 PM