To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics MobiLab
Job Title: Future Maker, Coordinator Mobile Learning Lab
Salary: $19.00 Hourly
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Coordinator/Instructor position will be responsible for driving the Mobile Learning Lab to locations across the State of Kansas and providing instruction on-site. This position will support all activities of the lab as directed by the Manager of the FutureMaker Mobile Learning lab.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely transports the lab and all equipment to partner locations in a timely and courteous manner.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and procedures particular to the equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Maintains the mobile lab vehicles and inventory to include the security, maintenance and overall appearance of the FutureMaker Learning Lab and contents.
- Coordinates the scheduling, transportation and logistics of the mobile lab as directed by the lab manager.
- Assists in the development and promotion of interdisciplinary STEM activities through hands-on, problem based curriculum experiences.
- Teaches in the mobile lab from an established STEM aligned curriculum with guidance as required.
- Creates and maintains FutureMaker lab presence on common social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the lab manager.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Current, unrestricted Kansas Class B or C driver’s license required. (see attachment for definitions)
- Drivers record in good standing with no violations or infractions within the last 5 years.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Degree preferred in a field related to the position, (e.g. Mathematics, Science, Technology, and Engineering). In absence of a Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education, training, and related experience that relates to the required degree and/or position may be considered.
- Multilingual skill ability a bonus.
- Basic user skills are required with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel. Comfort with Windows based machines required.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule as required by the program.
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize workflow, work well with minimum supervision, and accept responsibility for total task completion.
- Ability to identify and problem solve issues.
- Ability to maintain accurate reports and other records.
- Ability to work closely with a team to achieve common goals.
- Effective time management skills - including the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner and to prudently prioritize tasks, projects and goals.
- Ability to create and maintain active social media presence to include all common platforms.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information as needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation and service.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Be receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate and timely notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered.
- Be flexible in work schedule. Travel will be required up to 40% of the time (including overnight).
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to navigate interstate travel legally, safely and efficiently.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities on an annual basis to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students, prospective students and community partners. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing required. Extended periods of typing/data entry are required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate locations across the state as needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties. This position requires adherence to general safety precautions on a routine basis. Exposure to all weather conditions and fluctuations of temperature on a regular basis should be expected. Lifting of up to 75 pounds during a regular shift may be necessary.
4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM