To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Patient Billing Representative | Administration/Operations
Salary: $13.71 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
AFTER YOU APPLY, THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU TAKE A Typing (40 WPM), 10 KEY (7500 KPH) and Data Entry (7500KPH) TEST IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Prior to taking the required tests your must register online at www.kansasworks.com (click on Job Seekers to Create a Profile).
After your profile is created you must take your test at the Wichita Workforce Center located at 2021 N. Amidon, Suite 1100, Wichita, KS 67203. There is no appointment necessary.
The hours are: Monday-Thursday: 7:00AM-6:00PM (Must arrive by 5:30PM to Test), Friday: 9:00AM-12:00PM (Must arrive by 11:30AM to Test)
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
934 N. Water | Wichita, KS
This position is needed to correct coverage so that revenue can be obtained from Medicaid and perform other needed billing functions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Retrobill all charges on Medicaid eligible clients from various reports
• Monitor status of aged accounts with various payors; this includes researching outstanding claims and making any corrections necessary so that claims can be processed correctly Generate statements/invoices
• Audit Medicare client records for required documents
• Prepare and submit insurance claims. Submit corrected claims to Insurance companies
• Respond to request for information from various sources.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Experience in insurance claim filing plus coursework in bookkeeping, auditing, medical terminology, or related field highly preferred
• Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid guidelines preferred
• Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS codes preferred
• Ability to work well with others, maintain confidential information, and follow complex oral and written instructions
• Must maintain a valid Kansas driver's license and proof of automobile insurance at all times.
• Background checks to include KBI and DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry check.
• Motor vehicle check.
• Pre-employment drug screen
• Skills testing required prior to being considered:
- Typing - Minimum score 45 WPM
- 10-Key - Minimum score 7500 KPH
- Data Entry - Minimum score 7500 KP
• Skills testing required after interview:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail assessment
• PC, Microsoft Office, Outlook, PsychConsult (Electronic Medical Record), copier, fax
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/14/2017 11:59:59 PM