To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Butler County
Division: Health Department
Job Title: Clerk II- Health Department
Salary: $10.93 Hourly
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the department head or supervisor, the Clerk II performs administrative and clerical tasks, while serving as the initial point of contact for clients, patients, vendors, and community partners. The employee in this position is responsible for promptly greeting clients, answering phones, scheduling patients, answering citizens inquiries, transferring phone calls, ensuring that paperwork is filled out accurately and legibly, receiving and recording payments, and mailing out invoices to self-pay clients. Excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and accuracy are essential to this role.
Examples of Work (Essential Functions):
- Answers phones, responds to general inquiries, and transfers calls as necessary.
- Greets clients in a prompt and courteous manner
- Ensures that all paperwork is filled out legibly and correctly;
- Enters client information into the database;
- Receives payments and prepares receipts and statements as necessary;
- Assists with mailing invoices to self-pay clients;
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Assists Administrator with filing and other duties
- Maintains files in an orderly assessable manner;
- Receives reports and disseminates information to appropriate personnel;
- Prepares reports and mails statements and billings;
- May assist with collecting receipts and processing deposit;
- Monitors office supplies and orders supplies when necessary;
- Records receipts and maintains records;
- Reviews data and information on the computer;
- May backup Immunization and Family Planning Clerk;
- Insures office equipment is serviced and functioning;
Examples of Work (Marginal Functions)
- Collects and sorts mail;
- Purchases office supplies when needed;
- Schedules appointments;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Job Title: Clerk II
Experience: This is an entry-level position.A minimum of 6 months clerical and computer experience is required. The employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonable well after six (6) months in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required. Supplemental courses in secretarial methods and bookkeeping required.
Skills: Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, mathematics and bookkeeping principles. The ability to operate a typewriter, computer, and other office related equipment. Must have good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. The ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Problem Solving: Problem solving exists in this position. Problems include handling citizen’s complaints and concerns.
Decision Making: Decision making exist in this position. Decisions include establishing job priorities.
Accountability: Employee is responsible for funds collected in the office. Employee is not responsible for budgetary control of the department and does not participate in the annual budgetary process.
Supervision: Supervision is provided and job related decisions are reviewed by the County Health Administrator. Employee does not have supervisory responsibility over subordinate personnel.
Personal Relations: Continual contact with other county departments and the general public.
Working Conditions: No adverse working conditions exist in this position.
Physical Requirements: Light work in that the worker sits most of the time. Work is sedentary in nature and involves working at a desk or counter the majority of the time. Frequent bending, stooping and reaching to accomplish filing duties. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, stooping, lifting and carrying of moderate to heavy items. Employee may be required to lift up to 30 lbs. The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of communication. Conveying and receiving detailed or important information and instructions to and from the general public. Sustained movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers in typing or otherwise working primary with the fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
4/13/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/27/2017 11:59:59 PM