To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I - Facilities
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Worker I-Facilities
OPENING DATE: April 13, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
SALARY: $11.68 - $16.54 per hour
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager or Foreman, the Maintenance Worker will perform manual labor tasks in support of the operations, maintenance, and repair of the Civic Auditorium, surrounding grounds and equipment. This employee works as part of a crew to perform mowing and grounds maintenance of City property. The employee in this position may be called upon to assist in the preparation for events in the Civic Auditorium, performs custodial duties, and other tasks as assigned.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Willing and able to perform routine heavy manual labor including lifting, pushing, climbing, digging and stooping.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Experience in use of tractors, mowers and hand tools helpful.
- Working knowledge of chemical cleaning agents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Possess valid Kansas driver's license.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
- Resident of Lyon County or surrounding area.
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position please contact the City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
4/13/2017 12:00:00 AM