To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Student Wellness Center
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Salary: $12.60 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Emporia State University after applying.
Emporia State University currently has a part-time Administrative Assistant vacancy with our Counseling Services team with our Student Wellness Center in Emporia, KS. This successful applicant will be appointed for one year, with continued employment contingent upon funding.
If you . . .
- Are passionate about helping students
- Possess a strong customer service orientation
- Have experience in settings requiring strict confidentiality
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Greet and direct students; answer, screen, and transfer phone calls
- Schedule appointments, verify insurance and other personal information, and assist students with forms.
- Work with university software programs regarding travel reimbursements, purchasing, facility requests, etc.
- Act as point of contact with Payroll regarding time and leave for employees of the student wellness center
- Act as point of contact with HR regarding employment documents for the Student Wellness Center
- Maintain the department budgets
The Administrative Assistant position:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $12.60 per hour
- Works a 20 hour per week schedule
- Is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Four years of experience in an office or administrative support position
- Education may substitute for experience as determined relevant by ESU
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as an Administrative Assistant:
- Submit your application through www.HRePartners.com
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 to ESU Human Resources Office, Box 4044, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801.
- Apply by the deadline: April 30, 2017
Background check required. For more information about the application process, click here. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Emporia State University is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which students, faculty, staff, and guests can work together free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. The University regards inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or harassment of any individual to be inconsistent with its goals of providing an atmosphere in which students, faculty, staff and administrators may safely learn, work, and live. For more information, we encourage you to access our Annual Security Report for Emporia State University online at http://www.emporia.edu/right2know/documents/ESU_Annual_Security_Report.pdf.
In accordance with the Higher Education Re-authorization Act, Emporia State University provides information to all students and potential employees regarding its Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs. The content within the site includes information on prevention and support resources, health risks, university policy, city, state, and federal ordinances and laws, and legal sanctions. This information is available on the web at: http://www.emporia.edu/finaid/consumer-information.html.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
4/17/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/30/2017 11:59:59 PM