To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Butler County
Job Title: Summer Help- Maintenance Temp
Salary: $9.90 Hourly
Temporary Summer Position - Approximately 40 hours per week
Driver's License Required
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Buildings & Grounds Director, Maintenance Technician III or Maintenance Technician II, the Maintenance Technician I performs semi-skilled and unskilled minor maintenance work in the care and upkeep of county owned buildings and associated grounds. Work involves general upkeep of building interiors and exteriors (lighting, plumbing, and electrical systems) as well as general cleaning and grounds maintenance.
Examples of Work (Essential Functions):
- Mow and trim lawns at all county facilities.
- Performs light maintenance in connection with the operations of related equipment.
- Performs semi-skilled and unskilled labor.
- Responsible for painting task.
- Responsible for planting and the upkeep of the grounds.
- Assists with minor electrical or plumbing maintenance or repair;
- Responsible for the stocking of maintenance and janitorial supplies in various county facilities;
- Maintains paper towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers, and other supplies found in the restrooms;
- Cleans, mops, strips, and waxes floors;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Experience: This is an entry-level position and prior experience is not required. Employee is expected to have basic aptitude and skills to perform the job reasonably well.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required.
Skills: The ability to use hand tools, lawn mower and other related lawn equipment. . Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Problem Solving: Limited problem solving exists in the daily performance of duties.
Decision Making: Limited decision-making exists in the daily performance of duties.
Accountability: Employee is not responsible for budgetary control of the department and does not participate in the annual department budget process.
Supervision: Supervision is provided and job related the Maintenance Tech. III, Maintenance Tech II and/or the Director of Buildings & Grounds review decisions. Employee does not have supervisory responsibility over subordinate personnel.
Personal Relations: Continual contact with other county departments and the general public.
Working Conditions: Manual labor, adverse weather conditions, working with chemicals, and working with both hand and power tools are factors in this position.
Physical Requirements: Physical agility to bend, stoop, reach and climb a ladder. Must be able to lift 50 pounds daily and 100 pounds plus frequently. However, there may be some walking, standing, and carrying of moderate to heavy items. Must have the ability to express ideas by means of verbal and written communications. Conveying and receiving detailed or important instructions to and from the general public. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
4/17/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/1/2017 11:59:59 PM