To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Senior Social Worker | Justice Reinvestment Initiative
Salary: $40145.59 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
622 E. Central | Wichita, KS
This position serves to fill a gap for individuals with Severe Mental Illness or Severe and Persistent Mental Illness diagnoses in the community on probation for felony offenses for which their mental illness puts them at risk of revocation. This gap is filled through a multi-faceted approach which includes but is not limited to; providing mental health intake assessments and substance use disorder evaluations to provide access to services, providing consultation to Intensive Supervision Officers (ISO) to inform their approaches and interventions with these individuals, providing brief and targeted therapeutic services, and providing risk assessments safety planning when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
Clinical Service Provision
• Provide mental health intake assessments and substance use disorder evaluations to provide access to services
• Conduct structured interviews and/or intake assessments for potential program participants
• Provide clinical consultation and risk assessment as requested by KDOC staff
• Provide brief therapy to address immediate mental health needs of clients in crisis
• Review intake assessment for all assigned clients
• Update client diagnoses as needed.
• Provide clinical consultation and guidance to COMCARE JRI Case Managers as appropriate.
• Complete other tasks and projects as assigned
• Complete documentation within agency standards
• Complete documentation according to minimum Medicaid standards for content and quality
• Complete Notes for Record to ensure the completeness of the record
• Enter clinical transactions in PsychConsult for no shows and cancellations
General Administrative Duties
• Identify and process referrals
• Collaborate and inform Corrections staff regarding mental health services, symptoms, and resources when appropriate
• Participate in client staffings and document staffings in medical record
• Complete Corrections documentation as required
• Compile and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports for Corrections regarding program participants
• Consult with Case Management Supervisor as needed or helpful to provide feedback and support to JRI Case Managers Specialized Activities
• Provide Clinical Supervision in individual and group settings for COMCARE employees with approved clinical plans as assigned
• Must be an individual who meets the criteria for an approved mental health service provider (QMHP), meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards.
• Individuals with clinical licensure encouraged to apply.
• Possess demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and/or severe emotional disturbance, and the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations.
• Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry and motor vehicle screens.
• Security clearance at Sedgwick County Adult Local Detention Facility is required.
• Must complete nonviolent crisis intervention training program (CPI) and online training through TrainingTeam.org for Crisis Intervention, and KHS online training for QMHP within the first 3 months of employment.
• Previous supervisory, corrections and substance use treatment experience preferred.
• Must have a valid Kansas Driver's license and current proof of automobile insurance.
• Must be able to drive as an essential task of this position or have the ability to obtain transportation to off-site activities
• Possess the awareness and judgment to intervene appropriately when dealing with escalating emotional situations
• Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community
• Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures
• Able to calmly and effectively deal with agitated individuals or high risk situations
• Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills
• Able to work with minimal direct supervision
• Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
• Able to handle competing urgent priorities
• Possess basic or intermediate computer skills: able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record
Background Checks to include KBI & DCF Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks Motor Vehicle Check Pre-employment Drug Screen
• Standard office equipment
• Complex Electronic Medical Record
Office and community settings
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/18/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/18/2017 11:59:59 PM