To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Case Coordinator / Housing Eligibility Specialist | Shelter Plus Care
Salary: $16.67 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
402 E. 2nd | Wichita, KS
Responsible for interviewing, qualifying and verifying tenant families for entry into and continuation in the Shelter Plus Care housing program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Makes appointments and conducts initial and recertification interviews; verifies income and various documents to determine eligibility under HUD guidelines.
- Assists applicants and case managers in the application process as needed.
- Facilitates orientation meetings for incoming participants.
- Conducts case conferences as needed to address housing stability concerns.
- Contacts landlords, case managers and tenants to assist with housing stability issues.
- Responds to questions from stakeholders and works to find solutions in a timely manner. Performs Housing Quality Inspections according to HUD guidelines.
- Initiates and monitors the issuance of rental payments.
- Maintains precise and accurate documentation, including participant files and entries into participant database.
- Keeps accurate records, files and correspondence.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Maintains participant confidentiality.
- Participates in various community meetings in collaboration with other service providers.
- Bachelor's degree or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience in the human services field and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education.
- Possess demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations.
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license, current proof of automobile insurance and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, tenants, landlords, the public, and other housing agencies.
- Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community.
- Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures.
- Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle competing urgent priorities.
• KBI and DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry check.
• Motor vehicle check.
• Pre-employment drug screen
• Computers, Microsoft Office Programs
• Modern office equipment including multi-line phones, copier and fax.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/20/2017 11:59:59 PM