To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Psychiatric APRN | Outpatient Services
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
1919 N. Amidon | Wichita, KS
COMCARE of Sedgwick County is seeking an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) to serve individuals in a general adult psychiatric outpatient setting. Generous Sedgwick County benefits, plus CME funds available and malpractice insurance provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works under protocols and are supervised by a physician (psychiatrist)
- Assesses and treats patients with mental disorders, to include diagnosing and medication management.
- Conducts medication evaluations
- Conducts medication reviews for follow-up.
- Documents activities in a thorough and timely manner.
- Provides letters and other reports related to patient care, as needed.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- On call duties
- Master's of Science in Nursing Degree from an accredited College or University with an emphasis in Psychiatric/Mental Health.
- Five years or more nursing experience with significant experience working with the SPMI/SED population in a clinical setting coordinating psychopharmacological treatment, providing direct clinical services or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies.
- Current license to practice as a Registered nurse in the State of Kansas. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, CNS in Psychiatric/Mental Health by the State Board of Nursing, Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist by the American Nurses Association desired.
- Background checks including but not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry
- Motor vehicle screens
- Urine drug screen
Candidates must have basic computer or intermediate skills in word processing and email software, must be able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record.
Outpatient clinic setting
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/27/2017 12:00:00 AM
3/5/2019 11:59:59 PM