To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Part Time Van Driver | Community Support Services
Salary: $11.80 Hourly
Usual working days/hours:
Split shift position. Hours will be discussed at time of interview
Location of work:
1929 W. 21st St | Wichita, KS and various community locations
To provide eligible Sedgwick County residents with ramp accessible, door-to-door transportation in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
• Drive various County owned motor vehicles, including minibuses and vans.
• Ability to push a wheelchair with passenger up/down ramps that could be in excess of 250 pounds.
• Perform pre- and post-trip inspections on assigned vehicle(s).
• Identify need to maintenance vehicle from pre or post inspections, at required mileage or as issue occur - report to Dispatch/and Supervisor for scheduling with Fleet Mechanics.
• Regular cleanings of the interior and exterior (weather permitting) of vehicle and fuel prior to post inspection of vehicles.
• Record keeping of passenger trip, time, and mileage. • Data entry into scheduling software maintenance (fueling-gallons) and start and end daily mileage.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of area geography and road signage. Ability to read maps.
• Office knowledge of multi-line phone, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database programs.
• Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle, and meet Driver Qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County's Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy.
• Valid Kansas Driver's and proof of personal automobile insurance.
• Current medical physical exam card qualifying individual to drive a commercial motor vehicle, or was granted a skill performance evaluation certificate.
• Pass background checks including by not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry
• Motor vehicle screens
• Urine drug screen.
Vehicles: County vehicles including minibuses and vans.
Office: Personal Computer, Copier/Fax/Scanner, Multi-line Phone, Printers.
Maintenance: Wash Bins, Fueling Pumps, Vacuum, Broom, Mop, Cleaning Supplies.
Work is performed 90% in the field driving in all road and weather conditions, vehicle maintenance and inspection, and assisting passengers which may include pushing wheelchairs. Approximately 10% of time will be in an office setting.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/27/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/27/2017 11:59:59 PM