To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Early Childhood Specialist / Case Manager III | Children’s Services
Salary: $15.13 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with some early evening hours
Location of work:
350 S. Broadway | Wichita, KS and other Community locations
Provide goal-directed, medically necessary services and support to clients, between the age of 2-6, with severe emotional disturbances and their families; working toward transitioning youth from therapeutic pre-school setting to elementary school setting.
Essential Job Functions:
• Direct Service Provision: Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment, Targeted Case Management, Mental Health Attendant Care, and Psychosocial Rehabilitation in the therapeutic preschool. Drive personal vehicle and/or occasionally drive a county owned vehicle for business purposes (ex. Transport clients to appointments), as required; documenting and reporting mileage according to agency procedures, so that services can be provided in a timely manner; comply with agency vehicle policy at all times.
• Administrative Duties: Completes first treatment plan review and crisis plan with client and treatment team members within 30 days of the intake, the next treatment plan within 60 days, and conducts subsequent treatment plan reviews and updates treatment plans documenting progress toward established treatment goals at least every 90 days, or as needed to reflect client’s progress and treatment needs. Maintain clinical records and documentation, administer measurement tools such as the CBCL, complete progress note within 48 hours after delivery of service, complete AIMS monthly, assist with SED waiver documentation and forms, maintain contacts in the community, develop psychosocial rehabilitation groups for preschool aged youth, and provide assistance and consultation to peers who work may have clients needing to access early childhood services.
• Professional Development: Complete required state trainings within a given time frame and participate in continuing education regarding mental health.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience in the human services field and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education.
• Two years’ experience in Case Management preferred.
• Possess demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work with persons with severe emotional disturbance, and the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work with preschool aged youth and their problems and knowledge of their unique needs.
• Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry and motor vehicle screens.
• Must complete case management training within first 6 months of employment, may require overnight stay. Must have a valid Kansas Driver s license, proof of current automobile insurance, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle.
• Possess the awareness and judgment to intervene appropriately when dealing with escalating emotional situations.
• Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community. Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures.
• Able to calmly and effectively deal with agitated individuals or high risk situations.
• Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills. Self-motivated.
• Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
• Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to handle competing urgent priorities.
• Possess basic or intermediate computer skills: able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry
• Motor vehicle screens
• Urine drug screen.
• Basic computer knowledge
• Basic office equipment
• Must have reliable transportation
• Work is primarily located in the community and at the therapeutic pre-school with duties also carried out in an office setting.
• Employee may also have occasion to work with identified consumers in other community locations such as family homes and occasional field trips.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/27/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/27/2017 11:59:59 PM