To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Information Technology Services
Job Title: Sr. Developer
Salary: $56498.03 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
8:00 am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Location of work:
538 N main
Duties include modifying and enhancing web and desktop software written by others, and identifying and resolving problems in software. Determines client requirements and translates them into functional and logic specifications for implementation. This class specification should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
Essential Job Functions:
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Gathers and documents software development requirements.
- Enhances, reviews, documents, maintains, and troubleshoots new and existing software applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Additional helpful skills: WCF, classic ASP.NET Web Services, Web API, Entity Framework, IIS management, AJAX, PowerShell, SSRS, SSIS, Web accessibility standards, Responsive Web Design, Umbraco development, ABAP, Agile methodologies.
- Customer Service - Demonstrates the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally. Understands the impact of their work on others.
- Understands safety policies and actively promotes safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintains constructive relationships and demonstrates respect for everyone contacted.
- Deals constructively with conflict and focuses on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person, by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly, and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provides and receives information in oral and written communications.
- Consistently provides ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way.
- Actively listens to others and demonstrates understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Takes the initiative to identify and act on problems and leads by example. Consistently makes decisions that resolve problems.
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in computer technology, or a related field preferred. Three to five years’ experience in development and systems analysis, application design or computer programming. Any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, will be accepted.
• Additional helpful skills: WCF, classic ASP.NET Web Services, Web API, Entity Framework, IIS management, AJAX, PowerShell, SSRS, SSIS, Web accessibility standards, Responsive Web Design, Umbraco development, ABAP, Agile methodologies.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
5/18/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/28/2017 11:59:59 PM