To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Head Soccer Coach
Plan, develop and directs strategy for recruiting, counseling and coaching student athletes in the major sport program. Directs the conditioning of student athletes to achieve maximum athletic performance, assesses players' skills and assigns team positions, evaluates own and opposition team capabilities to determine game strategy, and coaches or directs coaches to instruct players in techniques of game. Teaches 4 credit hours per academic year.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Overall administration and organization of this athletic program. General organization of all practices. Administrative duties such as budgets, purchase orders, trip requests and travel coordination.
- Monitor and report student athlete attendance and grades to ensure compliance with eligibility policy and student success to graduation.
- Promote college in positive light. Promote student academic and athletic success.
- Recruitment of in state and out of state athletes. Advising, retention and counseling of current student athletes.
- Responsible for community relations including planning and implementing projects such as fund raising.
- Responsible for the purchase of equipment including equipment bidding and purchasing.
- Perform teaching duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To understand policies and procedures, rules, code of conduct and eligibility requirements of national and state athletic associations. (NJCAA/KJCCC)
- To adhere to community life, national athletic association and state standards.
- To demonstrate leadership on our campus through the recruitment and development of athletic teams.
- To manage within budgetary guidelines.
- To adhere to a strong sense of public perception/GCCC and the City of Garden City.
- Be available to travel with teams.
- Live in close proximity of GCCC.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: BS Degree in physical education, recreation, health or related field or equivalent plus 4-5 years’ experience with college level program or as a high school head coach. Experience in an academic discipline or higher education, and two years recruiting background desired. Must have knowledge of national rules and regulations. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in professional manner required. Ability to recruit off campus and to lead and supervise players and coaches. The ability to get along with a wide variety of people in various situations. Computer proficiency necessary (Microsoft Office preferred).
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Sara Koehn, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
5/19/2017 12:00:00 AM