To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Job Title: Part Time Test Proctor, OASIS
Salary: $11.44 Hourly
The OASIS Support Staff employee shall perform essential duties across all areas of the OASIS department. The employee can expect to be assigned particular tasks from the listed duties based on the operational needs of the department and college. Assigned duties can fluctuate based on the needs of the department. This position requires the knowledge and standards of all three workgroups within OASIS (tutoring, testing and library services).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
OASIS Support Staff Duties:
- Provides receptionist and check in services via OASIS software for those using the OASIS space.
- Provides basic computer navigation assistance to students using the OASIS computers.
- Provides assistance to students in basic Microsoft applications, presentation creation software, Blackboard navigation and tools.
- Administers educational assessments for WATC courses, college placement, certification, and business and industry in accordance with pre-set standards.
- Assists with scheduling OASIS appointments for students.
- Adheres to all FERPA and ALA Intellectual Freedom Principles for Academic Libraries.
- Responsible for gathering statistical data for all areas of OASIS and providing usage reports.
- Employee must be familiar with library circulation/reference desk and circulation activities, including checking in and out books, verifying patron and item information, verifying items are in proper condition, and troubleshooting problems.
- Employee must be extremely knowledgeable of all OASIS services to help guide and direct students to needed resources.
- All OASIS employees are responsible for managing the use of the OASIS space.
- Provides backup coverage for all areas of OASIS.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- An Associate degree, or some college, required. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and flexible towards change.
- Proficient use and knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint and Blackboard, preferred.
- Willing to learn new searching methods and computer applications.
- Willingness to continually work on expanding personal skill set(s) to adapt to the changing needs of the division and student, required.
- Professional-level communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively with others in arriving at solutions to complex problems.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours of professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- The OASIS is a customer focused service center. Employee schedules are adapted on a student and college needs basis.
- Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Extensive data entry/typing. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
5/18/2017 12:00:00 AM