To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Part Time Case Manager | Crisis Stabilization Unit
Usual working days/hours:
Varied Days | Varied Hours
Location of work:
1720 E Morris | Wichita, KS
To see what its like to be a Sedgwick County Comcare Case Manager, click here.
Provide goal-directed, medically necessary services and to support adults and children who have a diagnosed mental illness when they are in a mental health crisis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide crisis intervention services to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis while they are in the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU).
- Manage distraught or psychotic clients who are in need of structure; monitor gross psychological and physical functions of clients.
- Familiarize clients with guidelines and procedures of CSU.
- Meet with clients/families to discuss individual plans, living arrangements or any difficulties they may be having.
- Identify service needs and develop treatment or referral services plan with clients to help stabilize crisis.
- Facilitate care, food service and manual maintenance activities which enhance client skills and develop interest which increases socialization and living skills.
- Perform functional assessment of client to determine client s strengths and abilities; assist clients in achieving their short term goals.
- Identify and secure in-home services to maintain stabilization once client returns home.
- Contact service providers to request and arrange services; coordinate and monitor services rendered.
- Create plans to ensure clients get to their mental health appointments.
- Confer with client caregivers, families, physicians, lawyers, community service providers and other professionals throughout the County and to secure and coordinate services.
- Assist clients to maintain basic needs (housing, food, medical).
- Provide support as requested by full time staff to SCOAP clients.
- Complete follow- up on law enforcement referrals.
- Assist at Crisis Intervention Services building as requested.
- Complete other duties and special assignments as required.
- Complete progress notes within 48 hours of service delivery with/or on behalf of the client Complete Notes for Record to ensure the completeness of the medical record.
- Identify sources of information needed to provide comprehensive mental health treatment and secure the necessary COMCARE consents to release information.
- Submit necessary referral forms to team supervisor for approval or assignment in Psych Consult Complete all necessary forms for admission and/or discharge for Crisis Stabilization Unit clients.
- Ensure all needed documentation and forms are completed and up-to-date for assigned SCOAP clients.
- Complete documentation according to minimum Medicaid standards for content and quality.
- Holiday work is required and expected.
- Ability to cope with psychotic episodes of adults and children.
- Knowledge of community services and benefit programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with patients, the general public and all levels of staff.
- Ability to keep client documentation current
- Must possess the awareness and judgment to intervene appropriately when dealing with escalating emotional situations.
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver s license, current proof of automobile insurance and be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Drive personal vehicle and/or occasionally drive a county owned vehicle for business purposes (ex. Transport clients to appointments), as required; documenting and reporting mileage according to agency procedures, so that services can be provided in a timely manner; comply with agency vehicle policy at all times.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work or a related field or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be able to work under stress and multitask.
- Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community
- Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures
- Able to calmly and effectively deal with agitated individuals or high risk situations
- Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle competing urgent priorities
- Possess basic or intermediate computer skills: able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record
- Able to work multiple shifts
- Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry and motor vehicle screens.
- Security clearance at Sedgwick County Adult Local Detention Facility is required.
- Must complete CPI de-escalation and Crisis Intervention training within first 6 months of employment.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance and maintain both at all times.
- Pass background checks including by not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry
- Motor vehicle screens
- Urine drug screen.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Programs.
- Needs to be able to type and use multi-line phones.
• Office and in the field.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
5/24/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/21/2017 11:59:59 PM