To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Merriam
Division: Parks and Recreation
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Worker
Salary: $27385.00 Annually
The City of Merriam Parks & Recreation Department is seeking a fulltime Facilities Maintenance Worker I. The qualified applicant will be responsible for performing a variety of routine tasks in the custodial care, repair work, and maintenance of the City’s recreational facilities. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Changing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes; sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, shampooing, steam cleaning, stripping, waxing, polishing and buffing floors, carpets and furniture; collecting garbage and relining cans with liners; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and replenishing supplies; cleaning drinking fountains, mirrors, tables, walls, fixtures, blinds and light fixtures; washing windows, walls, metal and woodwork, cleaning rain gutters, sweeping roofs and sidewalks; removing snow from sidewalks and steps, picking up litter, leaf removal from around the buildings and grounds, operating small equipment such as leaf blowers and power washers. Shift is from 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Will perform other related duties as necessary and assigned.
Applicants MUST complete and submit an application to be considered for the position.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Current certification in CPR/AED and First Aid or ability to obtain;
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in custodial maintenance as well as building and grounds maintenance; working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs; some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions;
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule; ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
Qualified applicants may apply at Merriam City Hall (9001 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202) Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Applications can be downloaded online at www.merriam.org or by calling 913-322-5500. Applications may be submitted in person or mail to: City of Merriam; Attn: Human Resources; 9001 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202, or by fax (913) 322-5505. EOE/ADA/Drug Screen.
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or further information is needed, contact Sari Maple, Human Resources, email@example.com, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. No Phone Call Please.
6/2/2017 12:00:00 AM