To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Executive Director of COMCARE of Sedgwick County
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work:
934 N. Water, Wichita KS and other community locations
Salary Range: $83,467 - $122,148 annually
Performs highly responsible administrative work in directing the COMCARE of Sedgwick County Division involving planning, organizing, and directing the Licensed Community Mental Health Center, including a substance abuse program and a regional community crisis center, interprets and applies policies, rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Confers with Management Team to review operations, staff and program performance and to ensure quality; reviews and makes decisions regarding the operations for proper and effective use of resources. Plans, develops and evaluates a county wide program to meet the behavioral health and substance use disorder needs for individuals and as a part of a network of care in the community.
- Implements program changes in response to community needs assessment; works with other community organizations in updating and/or developing new services.
- Supervises business staff in the development and control of the budget, administrative procedures, and resolution of personnel problems.
- Illustrates department’s function to the community through personal representation on several boards and executive committees.
- Confers with community and legislative groups seeking funding sources for programs.
- Confers with Advisory Boards; serves on committees and attends State and local meetings.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mental health, and substance abuse.
- Knowledge of administering community facilities.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to mental health, and substance abuse. Ability to direct a program of mental health, and substance use disorders.
- Aligns the direction and services to meet the mission of COMCARE, and Sedgwick County.
- Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final Commissioner and executive team decisions even when such decisions may not reflect one’s own position.
- Ability to oversee preparation and management of departmental budget.
- Ability to make program determinations and policy decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, consumers, and the public.
- Ability to effectively work with various community, State and national groups.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, business or public administration, or other related field.
- Ten years progressive management or executive leadership responsibility with five years’ experience in a directly related field.
- State Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board License in Clinical Social Work or Psychology preferred.
- Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry.
- Motor vehicle screening.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
- Computer with Microsoft Office software.
- Complex electronic medical record software.
- Standard office machines.
- Cell phone.
- Basic office equipment.
- Primarily office setting.
- Multiple offices in the Wichita area.
- Travel in Sedgwick County and long distances.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
6/2/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/20/2017 11:59:59 PM