To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Division of Finance
Job Title: Senior Revenue Specialist
Salary: $40147.00 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Location of work:
Main County Courthouse
Performs professional work in the area of finance, grants management, accounts receivables, budget development, and general accounting. Assists in development of policies and procedures in the above mentioned areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as backup to Revenue Manager in his or her absence. Monitors grant applications for compliance with federal, state and local reporting requirements as well as county budgets and policies.
- Develops reporting mechanisms, such as establishment of internal orders, to ensure grants are operated in compliance with regulations established by the funding source and the Board of County Commissioners.
- Effectively coordinates agreements between County Departments and Federal, State and local agencies, especially in regard to grand and intergovernmental reporting, auditing, and compliance.
- Prepares grant reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis for use by providers and grantors. Interacts with financial managers and operations managers at federal, state, and local levels.
- Prepares journal entries to properly record revenues to various funds, monitors and reports revenues.
- Coordinates and participates in special projects assigned by the Revenue Manager and Accounting Director.
- Assists with year-end entity wide audit and prepares general accounting work papers for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Ability to analyze and solve a wide variety of accounting and fiscal problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, other employees, County officials, and external professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in grant management, accounting or fiscal operations, or any equivalent experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Drug Test, Background Check
Telephone, PC, Standard office machines
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
6/9/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/10/2017 11:59:59 PM