To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Department of Public Works
Job Title: Bridge Crewman
Salary: $13.71 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday
Location of work:
4701 S. West St.
Performs routine and complex maintenance, repair and construction work on steel, wood and concrete bridges, boxes and culverts. Participates in snow and ice removal operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Constructs new bridges; excavates and sets forms; places and ties steel. Operates heavy equipment in the performance of bridge construction, repair and maintenance work.
- Assists in pouring and finishing concrete.
- Dismantles moves and re-erects steel truss bridges.
- Maintains bridges, replaces wooden floors; replaces steel members; replaces or repairs abutments, curbs, gutters and retaining walls.
- Works from scaffolding at high altitudes clearing, scraping, priming and painting steel bridges and superstructures of composite bridges.
- Operates a crane during bridge/box work.
- Operates a dump truck with plow and spreader for pre-treating and clearing County roads and spreading salt/sand mixture during snow and ice removal operations.
- Assists in the repair, maintenance and erection of guard rails and chain link fence.
- Assists in concrete work including sidewalks and flatwork.
- Conduct basic preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs manual work associated with bridge and concrete operations.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas Commercial Drivers license class A w/tanker endorsement.
- Some concrete and crane experience preferred.
Heavy construction equipment to include but not limited to crane, excavator, backhoe, bulldozer. Large power tools and hand tools.
Primarily outdoors in varying weather conditions. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. minimum without restrictions.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
6/9/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/4/2017 11:59:59 PM