To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I-Park
Salary: $11.68 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Worker I - Parks Department
OPENING DATE: June 12, 2017
CLOSING DATE: August 31, 201
BEGINNING SALARY: $11.68 per hour
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Parks Department Foreman, the Maintenance Worker I is a non-exempt position which maintains various park areas throughout the city. Duties include but are not limited to: Mowing and edging of lawns, cutting and trimming of trees, collecting trash and other materials in parks and public use areas, equipment maintenance and performing various custodial and maintenance duties on park structures.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Willing and able to perform routine heavy manual labor.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Experience in the use and maintenance of tractors, mowers, and hand tools.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Possess valid Kansas driver's license.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
- City policy requires employees to reside in Lyon or surrounding counties.
6/12/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/31/2017 11:59:59 PM