To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Independence
Division: Memorial Hall
Job Title: Events Coordinator/Memorial Hall Supervisor
Salary: $16.04 Hourly
Events Coordinator/Memorial Hall Supervisor
The City of Independence will accept applications at the Kansas Works, 317 N. Penn Avenue, Independence, KS 67301, for an Events Coordinator/Memorial Hall Supervisor for work at Memorial Hall.
Under direction, performs administrative and technical work in supervising the activities of Memorial Hall and other events in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists in the promotion and coordination of events in municipal playgrounds or parks, centers, and other facilities
· Plans, schedules, and prepares for activities at Memorial Hall
· Supervises maintenance and repairs to Memorial Hall and grounds to assure a high level of building condition
· Develops programs to promote events and activities
· Performs additional duties as assigned
· Considerable knowledge of the methods involved in organizing, conducting, and supervising special events
· Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with community leaders, municipal officials, civic organizations representatives, subordinates, associates, and the general public
· Ability to establish and maintain effective operating records and reports
Education and Experience
· Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
· Three years of experience of a progressively responsible nature in organized event planning or auditorium management is required; four years preferred
· Must be available to work nights, overtime, and weekends
Moderate physical effort is required. Individual must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, crouch, reach, grasp, speak, and listen for extended periods of time.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
NOTE: All applicants may be required to complete testing at Kansas Works. Final applicants will submit to a drug screening and background check prior to awarding of job.
SALARY RANGE: $16.04 per hour starting.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
Mem Hall 2017
6/16/2017 12:00:00 AM