To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Coordinator -- Student Activities
Responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of a comprehensive activities program in the Student Center for all students. Assist with orientation, recruitment, and retention activities. Provide a program with experiences that will add to the student's enjoyment of college life, to assist in strengthening retention, and to stimulate personal growth and social development. This position requires daytime and evening hours and a willingness to work extended hours when necessary.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate the Student Center co-curricular activity program. Develop activities to increase on-campus student involvement, working closely with the Director of Residential Life. Create, publish and maintain a campus-wide student activities calendar each semester. Communicate to all students, utilizing all media including newspaper, posters, and the web, upcoming activities and events. Assist with the coordination and implementation of all orientation programs and services. Help develop and direct activities to increase the involvement of area citizens. Provide an annual review of all student programming.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and schedules staff for the implementation of the Student Activities program. Training and supervise student orientation assistants.
- Responsible for planning, preparing, implementing, and monitoring the Student Center activities budget.
- Serve as Student Government sponsor and monitor Student Activities Council meeting.
- Live on campus in provided housing, serve as Residential Life Assistant. Be available to assist the Director of Residential Life.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To understand the responsibilities of being a role model to students on the campus.
- To possess good supervisory skills and be able to utilize these skills by efficiently scheduling work.
- To maintain a good working knowledge of all regulations pertinent to department and to follow the Code of Conduct.
- To ensure departmental budget remains within allocated limits.
- To maintain a highly qualified staff, sufficient to meet the long-term organizational goals.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of student at a business or trade school. Fouryear degree preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, walk and reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be asked to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates (Requested before job offered)
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Susan Pollart, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
9/8/2017 12:00:00 AM