To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Butler County
Job Title: Community Health Nurse
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Administrator, the Community Health Nurse performs general nursing duties relating to public health in Butler County. The employee in this position performs physical assessments, administers screening procedures, makes referrals to physicians and screens individuals for proper health care placement. The Community Health Nurse administers immunizations and prescriptions as ordered by physicians. Work is performed with professional independence and in accordance with established department policies, protocols and procedures.
Examples of Work (Essential Functions):
- Demonstrates and implements nursing procedures in clinic;
- Performs physical examinations on patients;
- Provides guidance incommunicable disease areas;
- Maintains clinic records and provides follow-up;
- Gives instruction concerning nursing care;
- Assists with multiphasic programs including vision and hearing screenings;
- Provides nursing supervision and care for grant programs;
- Administers immunizations and prescriptions as ordered by physicians;
- Performs screening tests for anemia, urinalysis and blood pressure;
- Takes health histories and performs physical assessments for children on Medicaid and Head Start and other individuals;
- Makes home visits and performs skilled nursing procedures when necessary;
- Evaluates patient’s nursing needs and initiates nursing/treatment plans;
- Counsels patient’s and families in meeting nursing and related health needs;
- Participates in service programs, supervises and teaches other personnel;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Job Title: Community Health Nurse
Experience: One to two years of nursing experience with emphasis in public health preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well after six months in the position.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing school and is a Licensed Registered Professional Nurse. Must have a current valid Kansas Nursing License. Must complete continuing education requirements for licensure. Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Skills: Comprehensive knowledge of public health related issues. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. The ability to give injections, take blood pressure, and perform various blood and urine tests. The ability to operate a hemoglobin analyzer, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, audiometer and other related medical equipment as required by the job.
Problem Solving: Extensive problem solving is a factor in this position. Problems include referring patients to proper agencies or resources and treating patients with multiple health problems.
Decision Making: Extensive decision making is a factor in this position. Decisions include determining when to refer patients to a physician or ancillary services. Many decisions are made independently.
Accountability: Employee is not responsible for budgetary control of the department and does not participated in the annual budget process.
Supervision: Supervision is provided and job related decisions may be reviewed by the Administrator. Employee may have supervisory responsibility over subordinate personnel.
Personal Relations: Frequent contact with other county departments and health care agencies and continual contact with the general public.
Working Conditions: Possible exposure to infectious disease is a factor in this position as well as lifting equipment. The employee in this position may on occasion experience adverse weather conditions in traveling.
Physical Requirements: Light work in that the worker exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, pull, push, or grasp objects. The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communications. Conveying and receiving detailed or important instructions and information to and from the general public. The ability to make fine discriminations in sound. The ability to operate a motor vehicle.
8/11/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/31/2017 11:59:59 PM