To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Patient Billing Assistant
Salary: $12.44 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. A Public Service Patient Billing Assistant plays a vital role in our efforts to serve the citizens of Sedgwick County. Join Sedgwick County and find yourself by serving your community.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location of work:
934 N. Water, Wichita, KS
This position is needed to provide support to the Public Services billing functions to ensure that all claims for services are processed timely to generate all potential revenues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work daily lockbox reports which would include logging in payments from third party payers and patients in to Excel worksheets, printing backup and distributing to appropriate staff for the EMS lockbox.
- Pre-billing activities for EMS runs which includes verifying patient demographics and insurance coverages.
- Work all billing returned mail for patient address changes which would include updating account and researching for a new address.
- Phone or in-person Customer Service to include taking credit card payments, adding insurance information and giving balances of accounts.
- Process patient and credit card payments.
- Experience in Billing preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Will work majority of time on a computer.
- Course work in bookkeeping, auditing, medical terminology, or related field a plus.
- Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry.
- Pre-employment urine drug screen.
Required Skill Tests (prior to interview):
- Data Entry (7500 kpm)
- Typing (45 wpm)
Modern office equipment including computer, phone, fax, and electronic medical record.
- Office environment
- Majority of time will be spent working at a computer and/or on the telephone
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/5/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/5/2017 11:59:59 PM