To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Accountant
Salary: $18.39 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8am - 5pm
Location of work:
615 N. Main | Wichita, KS 67203
Responsible for the receipt, tracking and review of accuracy of Integrated Service Plans. Responsible for the creation and management of locally managed resource funding plans. Position will perform fiscal functions to process accounts payable and receivable, and will be responsible for fiscal reporting activities of the CDDO
Essential Job Functions:
60% Service Plan Monitoring and Development
- Responsible for monitoring timely receipt of Integrated Service Plans (ISP), reviewing for accuracy and tracking contents into data collection system
- Follows up with Managed Care Organization to obtain corrections or missing information on ISP
40% Fiscal Management
- Responsible for accounts receivable processing; ensuring timely receipt, posting and deposit of revenues
- Responsible for accounts payable timely processing; monitoring the receipt of invoices, checking for accuracy and requesting payment
- Will prepare financial reports as needed to meet county and state requirements
- Will complete and file notification documents per local and state policy
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- At least one year of experience in accounting and fiscal operations or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Background Checks to include KBI & DCF
- Motor Vehicle Background Check
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Programs.
- They will need to be able to type and use multi-line phones
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to use word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Experience managing multiple projects with varied timelines.
- Ability to exercise judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with administrative officials and the public.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to work mainly in an office environment using modern office equipment
- Ability to attend meetings/trainings in various County and non-County buildings throughout the day
- Ability to sit for long periods and use a computer for majority of working time
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/5/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/5/2017 11:59:59 PM