To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Health Sciences
Job Title: Part Time Instructor, EMT/Health Science Programs
Adjunct Faculty will be assigned to one of two areas; didactic and lab, or lab only and this assignment will define pay. The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students, as assigned. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or laboratory instruction at various College and High School locations. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class to the Academic Success office
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Serves as the coordinator for all aspects of the EMT program by maintaining sufficient clinical partnerships
- Meets with the Dean, Health Sciences and/or Chief Academic Officer, General Education and Health Sciences if and as requested; and, maintains close communication with Academic Success regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Current Kansas Emergency Medical Technician License or Kansas Paramedic License required.
- Associates degree, required with Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ full time work experience in industry or part time equivalent of 3 years full time work experience preferred.
- Maintain professional licensure or attendant certification that meets educational and occupational requirements of external accrediting agencies.
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
- Current American Heart Association CPR for HealthCare Providers.
- Obtains at own expense yearly TB test and other immunizations or physical examinations as required by clinical sites.
- Knowledgeable of the laws, regulations, and administrative processes affecting local, regional, and state pre-hospital emergency medical services systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the proper safety and handling of materials used in the field.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Demonstrates ability and knowledge to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positive work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the immediate instructional area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
7/5/2017 12:00:00 AM