To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Patient Billing Representative
Salary: $13.71 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. Join Sedgwick County and find yourself by serving your community.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
934 N. Water | Wichita, KS
This position is needed to allocate payments to the correct revenue source
Essential Job Functions:
- Process 835 (electronic remittance) for applicable payors; verify accuracy of payments; research and initiate recoupments.
- Work Value Options Block Grant balance report; research billing problems; determine accuracy of denials and makes appropriate corrections
- Retrobill all charges on Medicaid eligible clients from various reports
- Prepare and submit monthly Drug Court invoices.
- Monitor status of aged accounts with various payors; this includes researching outstanding claims and making any corrections necessary so that claims can be processed correctly
- High School Diploma or equivalent including or supplemented by course work in bookkeeping, auditing, medical terminology, or related field.
- Experience in Billing preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance and Medicaid guidelines.
- Knowledge of CPT codes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Background checks to include KBI and DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry check.
- Motor vehicle check.
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Skills testing required prior to being considered:
- Typing - Minimum score 45 WPM
- 10-Key - Minimum score 7500 KPH
- Data Entry - Minimum score 7500 KPh
- Skills testing required after interview:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail assessment
• PC, Microsoft Office, Outlook, PsychConsult (Electronic Medical Record), copier, fax
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/10/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/10/2017 11:59:59 PM