To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Truck Driver
Salary: $11.28 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
It's easy to make a buck, its a lot harder to make a difference and we need you to make a difference. A Truck Driver with Sedgwick County play's a vital role in our efforts to serve the people of our community. Being a truck driver with Sedgwick County is extremely important and the satisfaction is incredible. Apply today!
Usual working days/hours:
8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday
Location of work:
4701 S. West St.
General truck driving and light equipment operation in support of the maintenance, repair and construction of County Public Works projects. Participates in snow and ice removal operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates a dump truck in support of Public Works projects.
- Pick up and haul material to and from work sites.
- Assists other Public Works crews as necessary.
- Assists with restocking material in the West Yard.
- Performs manual work associated with equipment operations.
- Operates light equipment in support of Public Works projects.
- Loads and unloads material.
- Assists other personnel in loading and unloading material.
- Obtains class A CDL for tractor trailer operation.
- Uses flatbed to haul equipment to and from work sites.
- Conducts basic preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Wears PPE and follows local, state and federal safety regulations.
- Participates in snow and ice removal operations.
- Operates a dump truck with plow and spreader to clear roads of snow and ice.
- Operates a loader to load materials for snow and ice removal.
- Maintains equipment in good condition.
- Ensures equipment is cleaned, fueled and loaded for follow on shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas Commercial Drivers license class B w/air brakes and tanker endorsements.
Light construction equipment; tandem axle dump trucks; hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs minimum without restrictions;
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/10/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/10/2017 11:59:59 PM