To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Districrt Attorney
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary: $14.40 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location of work:
1900 E. Morris
Prepare journal entries for Child in Need of Care (CINC) cases handled by the Office of the District Attorney
Essential Job Functions:
- Review details of CINC hearings and draft journal entries to memorialize the court proceedings.
- Make revision to journal entries as requested.
- Keep statistical information regarding CINC activity.
- Complete monthly report summarizing data and distribute to staff.
- May be requested to compile specialized statistical reports providing specific data.
- Process birth certificates and distribute to attorneys.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience working in the juvenile justice system or any combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of juvenile law and court processes.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to compile and maintain complex records; assemble and organize data; and prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to carry out instructions effectively and with dispatch.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with attorneys, other employees, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to manage multiple duties and priorities.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport large file folders to various locations within the office.
Standard office equipment including computers, scanners, copiers and fax machines. Microsoft Office
Professional law office environment
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/13/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/13/2017 11:59:59 PM