To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Riley County
Job Title: Raising Riley Clerk
Salary: $14.77 Hourly
RILEY COUNTY, KANSAS JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: RAISING RILEY CLERK
Department: Health Department Division: Raising Riley
Reports to: Raising Riley Supervisor Status: Full Time
Pay Grade: G
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Raising Riley clerk assists in providing routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work such as answering telephones, receiving the public, providing assistance to clients, data processing and record-keeping. Work requires communication, proficiency and professionalism. Position involves maintaining accountability for the office, data entry, answering multi-line phone, and scheduling.
- Answers incoming calls, provides information, and/or directs calls using courteous telephone etiquette.
- Greets and checks in clients for Raising Riley appointments using customer courtesy.
- Communicates accurately and professionally with other Raising Riley staff on a daily basis,
- Confidentially determines eligibility of families applying for Raising Riley child care tuition assistance and follows work flow as outlined for the child care assistance process.
- Schedules all assessment appointments using Apptoto.
- Accurately maintains client information in the DAISEY database.
- Documents all client contacts timely and appropriately.
- Performs required tasks while maintaining a calm, professional, and helpful attitude.
- Gains and maintains a current knowledge of community programs and refers clients for appropriate support services.
- Establishes and maintains an image of the health department and related programs that is professional, collaborative, proactive, and responsive.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Conforms to HIPAA privacy regulations specific to position held.
- Participates in emergency response health department efforts as needed.
- Maintains good communication with caseload of child care professionals; identifies and helps meet training needs as appropriate
- Participate in community outreach events to support Riley County Health Department and Raising Riley
- Participate in emergency response health department efforts as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: A high school diploma or GED required.
Experience: At least one year clerical and/or receptionist experience. Appropriate education or training may be substituted for the required experience. Experience with the operation of specialized office equipment, particularly computers is required.
Skills: Demonstrated ability in typing and knowledge of basic or commonly-used office rules, procedures and operations. Must have ability to work with the public. Must understand and demonstrate computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office programs with above average competence in Excel. Excellent verbal and phone communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish is helpful. Must demonstrate proficient communication skills, ethical conduct, flexibility, initiative, and time management.
Supervisory Controls: The employee plans and carries out the successive steps and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Guidelines: Procedures for doing the work have been established and a number of specific guidelines are available.
Complexity: The decision regarding what needs to be done depends upon the analysis of the subject, phase, or issues involved in each assignment, and the chosen course of action may have to be selected from many alternatives.
Scope and Effect of Work: The work involves the execution of specific rules, regulations, or procedures and typically comprises a complete segment of an assignment or project of broader scope.
Personal Contacts: The personal contacts are with employees in the same agency, and outside the immediate organization. People contacted generally are engaged in different functions and kinds of work performed for the county. Also a substantial number of contacts are made with members of the general public.
Purpose of Contacts: The purpose is to obtain, clarify or give facts or information regardless of the nature of those facts. The facts or information may range from the easily understood to the highly technical. Distributing and providing educational information is included.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear with both ears. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color identification.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal noise level. Public health department is a non-smoking facility.
Approved: Date: (Supervisor)
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirement of the job change.
7/17/2017 12:00:00 AM