To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Newton Public Schools
Division: USD 373 Newton
Job Title: Education, Disabilities, and Training Coordinator Cooper Early Education Center
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT https://newtonks.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1458
USD 373 DOES NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS THROUGH HRePartners
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Masters Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood and/or Special Education
2. Licensed in the State of Kansas
3. Early Childhood experience
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTION: To assist the Early Childhood Program in providing services to children by overseeing the implementation of educational services, disability services, and adherence to relevant early childhood standards.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Wage and length of employment to be established by the Board of Education.
Education & Training Responsibilities:
- Monitor classrooms assessment, utilize Teaching Strategies Gold Benchmarks and Objectives, including monthly observations, examples of the child’s work, developmental assessments, and children’s assessment data entry and outcome reports
- Coordinate the transition of students to Kindergarten
- Attend staff training, Policy Council meetings, and board and parent meetings as requested
- Classroom CLASS observations
- Aggregate and Analyze data and reports
- Review lesson plans to ensure developmental appropriateness & individualization
- Collaborate with building leadership team to coordinate professional development training.
- Assists in the preparation of work plans, community needs assessment, and self-assessment for Head Start grant.
- Oversee School Readiness Goals
Special Education Coordinator Responsibilities
- Involved in IEP process
- Actively support 0-3 to 3-5 transition classroom
- Ensures special education law is followed and parents understand rights throughout the IEP process
- Involved in Evaluation and Eligibility meetings
- Participate in Child Find screenings
- Ensures that all developmental screenings are completed with 45 days of child’s entry
- Assists in setting, clarifying and communicating disabilities services standards and laws to staff and parents, when required or requested
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administrator
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education’s policy on evaluation of support services personnel.
7/19/2017 12:00:00 AM