To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Division: Student Services
Job Title: Residential Life Advisor
To provide and maintain a safe environment for resident student of GCCC. Enforce and uphold all school policies both printed and implied as found in the Residential Life Handbook and college policies. Monitor all residence hall buildings, patrol grounds for suspicious activity, report maintenance issues and identify safety hazards. Be on duty as assigned with the Resident Assistants, other Residential Life staff and Campus Police officers. Shifts include weekends, evenings and holidays. Must be 25 years of age. A background check is required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains confidentiality on all records, reports, and incidents that are investigated by the Director of Residential Life and GCCC Campus Police; as well as any other record and/or information that is accessible to the department.
- Communicates effectively in the English language. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of situations using verbal, auditory, visual, and writing skills. Requires the ability to project vocally to maintain order at disturbances, incidents or over other background noises as needed.
- Requires ability to build a positive rapport with all student residents and act as a student advocate. Reports any student behavioral concerns to the Director of Residential Life.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Residential Life Handbook Policies and GCCC College Policies.
- Unlocks and secures appropriate buildings/rooms and facilities. Inspects buildings for illegal entry or criminal damage. Responds to and investigates alarm calls.
- Patrols all residence hall buildings and campus, checks and maintains safety/security for all buildings and grounds.
- Monitors Resident Assistant personnel during assigned shift.
- Document and report all incidents during assigned shift to the Director of Residential Life.
- Attends classes or seminars that would enhance job knowledge and performance.
- Works the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with fellow employees, supervisors, the college community, and any other persons or organization with whom interaction is requires to accomplish work and college goals.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directives.
- Attend all scheduled meetings (usually one per week) throughout the academic year.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum age 25
- U.S. Citizen
- Possession of a valid driver's license
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office products desired)
- Must successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment
- The position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of 30 pounds or more, carrying equipment, sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing, and walking
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
7/20/2017 12:00:00 AM