To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Health Services
Job Title: Immunization Service Coordinator
Salary: $42149.67 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
2716 W. Central | Wichita, KS
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Immunization Program, IAP and WIC/IAP Mobile Clinics and Health Screening services. Provides leadership to staff at work sites and works with other Health Department and County staff as well as representatives from other community agencies. Plans, directs and evaluates all phases or aspects of the Immunization Program including personnel and clinic management. Utilizes critical thinking skills and problem solving techniques based on medical judgments. Builds external partnerships to increase immunization rates and health screening services in Sedgwick County. Work is performed independently under the general direction of a written medical protocol and collaborative practice agreement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management of Immunization Programs
- Personnel management and evaluation
- Monitor and manage program inventories
- Develop and implement program policies, procedures, and protocols
- Direct patient care
- Develops strategies, compares outcomes and develops corrective actions to ensure grant objectives are met
- Ensures opportunities for staff development
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of client contact
- Performs special projects and related work as required
- Maintains professional expertise, credentialing requirement and CPR certification
- Will Respond to Public Health Emergency or Disaster situation as directed by supervisor
- As a requirement of this position, in some instances it may be necessary for bilingual staff to interpret or provide written translation for the Sedgwick County Health Department
- Complete ICS 100 and 700 (Incident Command System) training within 30 days of employment with results provided to designated Public Health Emergency Management Staff.
- Employees who are required to wear respirators in Emergency Situations for emergency response will be enrolled in the program and have annual fittings
- Participation and ensure staff participation in the Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan that includes training, proof of Hepatitis B immunity or vaccine taken within 10 days; the TB screening program that includes baseline screening for M Tuberculosis infection; and Proof of vaccination against certain diseases within 10 days of employment • Supervision of three Public Health Nurse II - Clinic Nurses, two Public Health Nurse - Mobile Nurses and one Public Health Nurse I - Clinic Nurse
- A graduate from a four year college with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a valid Kansas State Board of Nursing License.
- Two years supervisory experience and two years of nursing experience required in the area of immunizations or public health.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
- Possession of a valid Kansas Driver’s License.
- Must have ability to manage clinical medical programs and ability to supervise and multitask within a clinic setting.
- Explains departmental operations to citizens, neighborhood groups, or elected officials; meets with individuals and groups to discuss procedures; works with departmental staff to remedy justified complaints
- Performs liaison work between departmental and other County and governmental agencies
- Subject to fluctuating volumes of people seeking services • Subject to coming in contact with irate persons.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Customer service via telephone and in person
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, community agencies, and the public at large
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks efficiently
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop/propose policies, and to implement policies with operational procedures, standards, guidelines and training
- All Health Department positions require valid Driver’s License and Proof of current Liability insurance.
- Background checks
- Motor Vehicle check
- Pre-employment drug test
- Copier, fax, computer, telephone
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Long hours looking at computer monitor
- Keyboarding throughout the day
- Clinic and office environment
- Ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, and values
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the work place
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/25/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/25/2017 11:59:59 PM