To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Financial Reporting Analyst
Salary: $46477.63 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
934 N. Water | Wichita, KS
Provides financial reporting services for divisions within the Department of Public Services. Additionally, provides internal monitoring and auditing to ensure appropriate internal fiscal controls are in place. Invoice contractors and track payments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completion of month end reports for Health and Human Services
- Completion of monthly fund balance reports for Health and Human Services
- Completion of financial reports for various funding streams in accordance with the requirements of each grant
- Provide technical financial reporting assistance to agencies contracting with COMCARE
- Adjudicate financial reports/invoices for City of Wichita liquor tax grantees
- Adjudicate financial reports/invoices for Sedgwick County Crime Prevention grantees
- Process internal billing journal entries for COMCARE, EMS and Health
- Ad hoc reports i.e. financial, non-financial or performance in nature Internal Monitoring/Auditing
- Provide supporting financial documents to external auditors as requested
- Provide supporting financial documents to HUD auditors as requested
- Internal auditing of financial transactions and processes for consistency for Public Services
- Internal auditor of COMCARE’s cash and checking accounts
- Review and submit monthly VISA purchasing card invoices to County Finance for payment
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll authorization report Contract Invoicing
- Submit invoices to contractor for payment in accordance with grant or contract specifications
- Track receipt of payments on grants and contracts
- Research outstanding payments
- Division budget data entry into BPC
- Maintain division budget documents
- Backup for budget preparation and renewals
- Research for available grants and grant writing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Five (5) years experience in Accounting/Finance
- Preferred degree in Accounting/Finance
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Will work majority of time on a computer.
- Background checks, including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry
- Motor Vehicle Check
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
Basic office equipment
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/25/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/25/2017 11:59:59 PM