To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: EMS Patient Billing Rep
Salary: $13.71 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
934 N. Water | Wichita, KS
Assist in the day-to-day billing functions of the EMS (Ambulance) billing activities in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to health care and the Sedgwick County Health and Human Services division.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processing Accounts Receivable transactions
- Print paper claims weekly using CMS 1500 form
- Append any required documents to the paper claims
- Send electronic claims through clearinghouse
- Monitor status of aged accounts with various payers; includes researching outstanding claims and making any corrections necessary so that claims can be processed correctly
- Process any claim denials ensuring that any needed information is submitted to the payer ensuring the claim is paid accordingly; includes working a denial report and 835 (electronic remittance)
- Review correspondence from various payers taking necessary steps to get claim paid
- Post payments utilizing the 835 (electronic remittance) or manually Processing Daily Import file
- Create import file from HealthEMS of runs released for billing
- Import file into Respond Billing Software
- Work import error report and make any necessary corrections to patient’s accounts in Respond Billing Software Customer Service
- Answer phone calls and take necessary action to resolve issue
- Work with EMS Administration to obtain necessary information to bill claim correctly
- Communicate with receiving facility representatives to resolve billing issues as needed
- Comply with all mandatory training requirements of Sedgwick County or Department of Public Services
- Backup for daily credit card settlement report and prepares and submits to Sedgwick County Finance
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year office or administrative support.
- Coursework in HealthCare billing preferred.
- One (1) year experience in healthcare billing or related field preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Will work majority of time on a computer.
- KBI, DMV & DCF background checks.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
- Skills testing required:
- Typing -Minimum score 45 WPM
- 10-Key -Minimum score 7500 KPH
- Data Entry -Minimum score 7500 KPH
• PC, copier, fax, Microsoft office, Electronic Medical Record, Outlook
- • The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
- Majority of time will be spent working at a computer and/or on the telephone
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/25/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/25/2017 11:59:59 PM