To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Health Services
Job Title: Fiscal Associate/Dental Interpreter
Salary: $13.07 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
1900 E. 9th St | Wichita, KS
This is a shared position with Children’s Dental Clinic and Healthy Babies. Interprets for the Dental Program in an office setting, and community setting, as needed. Responsible for data entry and must insure client confidentiality at all times. Bilingual staff will interpret as needed. Provides clerical support and customer service work in in both departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate proficiency in both verbal English and verbal Spanish.
- Interpret quickly, effectively, accurately, and impartially.
- Convert concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language.
- Relay the style and tone of the original language.
- Interpret information for phone calls and in-person visits and community settings as needed.
- Timely process client data to include patient demographics, personal information, and insurance information within the 72 hour guidelines.
- Accurately inputs all client data information into KIPHS/PH Clinic for the purpose of grant reporting, billing, CVR, and demographic information required.
- Tracks the timely submission of daily itineraries by home visitors and ensures that all errors on itineraries are reported to the appropriate supervisor to be corrected for billing integrity.
- Verification of Medicaid and HealthWave coverage in KMAP for all new referrals and active clients.
- Transcribing data at school screenings.
- Courteously and Professionally handles interactions with internal and external clients.
- Answer telephone inquiries with general program information.
- Refer callers to appropriate service providers.
- Will assist with front desk duties when receptionist/assistant has a patient.
- Receives referrals from community and calls clients to set-up enrollment appointment within one week of referral.
- To ensure the competence of individals providing language assistance at the Division of Health, this position requires the skills to interpert in English and Spanish languages as determined by interpreter test before hire. (National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically appropriate Services in Health and Health Care)
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, including supplemental coursework in bookkeeping, accounting, or health care records.
- One year experience in fiscal work, billing, and/or customer service in a health care environment.
- Fluent in verbal and written Spanish, as verified by testing by the Language Line.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Knowledge of office procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Knowledge of Windows based programs such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Attend Quality Improvement (QI) workshop. Annually lead/assist with QI process within the agency.
- Complete ICS 100 and 700 (Incident Command System) training within 30 days of employment with results provided to designated Public Health Emergency Management Staff.
- Will Respond to a Public Health Emergency or Disaster situation as directed by supervisor.
- Employees who are required to wear respirators in Emergency Situations for emergency response will be enrolled in the program and have annual fittings.
- Participation in the TB screening program that includes baseline screening for M. Tuberculosis infection with in 10 days of employment.
- Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s license appropriate to the vehicle operated.
- Must maintain in-force personal Vehicle Insurance if operating a POV while conducting authorized county business.
- May not have been convicted of driving under the influence of any drug, alcohol, or combination of drugs and/or alcohol within the last two years.
- May not have been convicted of failure to yield and/or speeding over 10 MPH of the posted maximum speed limit two or more times within the last twelve months.
- May not have been convicted of failure to maintain vehicle insurance two or more times within the last two years.
- May not have demonstrated habitual or irresponsible behaviors which, when considered in totality, would lead a reasonable and prudent person to conclude that this individual was not capable of safely operating a vehicle under conditions required of a level 2 driving position.
- Background and DMV checks
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Sit at computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds may be necessary at times.
- Primarily office and clinic environment.
- Subject to field work, oral health screenings in varying locations and environments.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
7/26/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/26/2017 11:59:59 PM