To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Zoo Maintenance-Part Time
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Zoo Maintenance Worker: Part-time
OPENING DATE: July 27, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
SALARY: $8.16 – $13.26 Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Zoo Director or Lead Zoo Keeper the Part-Time Maintenance Worker will perform manual tasks and requires the ability to do heavy physical labor efficiently.
The main duties of this position are the feeding and care of the animal collection of the Zoo and providing assistance to staff in various aspects of the Zoo operation. Performing various custodial and maintenance tasks on structures and other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Knowledge of basic animal care is preferred.
- Willingness to perform routine heavy manual labor in all weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must reside within Lyon or surrounding county.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Must pass a physical exam including a negative TB screen, drug/alcohol screening and background check upon conditional offer of employment.
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
7/27/2017 12:00:00 AM