To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: AOC Secretary (Part Time)
Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Director and Cooordinators of the GCALC.
Major Duties and Responsibilites:
- Assist director and program coordinators with market research to determine target audience for GCALC programs. Work with program Coordinators to design and edit promotional materials for programs.
- Provide secretarial support to GCALC programs. Manage enrollment information. Produce purchase order requisitions for office members. Prepare reports as requested by Director. Be knowledgeable of all programs offered through this program and be familiar with other educational and training opportunities available within the college.
- Coordinate and administer the facility scheduling. Maintain effective filing system for KAEA credentialing staff.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for GCALC staff. Maintain and purchase office supplies for the GCALC program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To maintain a friendly, professional work environment and attitude when working with others.
- Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the Garden City Adult Opportunity Center.
- To schedule and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- To ensure that all correspondence is free of spelling, typographic and grammatical errors.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A High School Diploma or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Must have two years experience working with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint. Must have excellent communication skills, including speaking and writing, strong organizational skills, and the ability to perform and manage multiple tasks. Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and quality educational programs.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Complete online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Unofficial college transcripts and/or appropriate certificates
CONTACT: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620)-276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Accommodations Coordinator, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
7/28/2017 12:00:00 AM