To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Job Title: Vice President Finance & Administration
The Vice President, Finance & Administration works with the President and the Leadership Team to ensure that the Finance and Administration mission and vision of the College are achieved. The VP provides overall leadership and has administrative responsibility for the development, implementation, and assessment of department’s services. This individual is responsible for resource management and planning. The VP establishes strategies, plans, and policies in areas of responsibility while monitoring the overall financial condition of the college, analyzing current conditions, forecasts for future growth and the general economic climate. The VP oversees the following areas: Finance, Business Office, Operations, Facilities, Security, Budget, Payroll, Purchasing, Grant Reporting and Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for departments and maintains an effective management team in each area and/or department of responsibility.
- Partners with the other members of the Leadership Team to address organizational issues.
- Insures an adequate level of profitability in the college’s auxiliary enterprises.
- Articulates a compelling department vision and works collaboratively across the institution to implement that vision and to accomplish the aggressive objectives of the strategic plan.
- Collaborates with the Leadership Team to ensure Higher Learning Commission criteria are achieved and maintained.
- Examines the overall financial condition of the college on an ongoing basis, maintaining an acute awareness of internal and external forces that could impact that condition.
- Directs and monitors all accounting and business office functions and operations, appropriately delegating routine functions.
- Directs the annual budgeting process for the College. Establishes and monitors all budgets.
- Monitors all expended funds and revenues received; develops monthly financial management reports; and produces special reports as requested.
- Ensures that all expenditures are made in compliance with local, state and federal policies and meet auditing accountability.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of financial reports to Kansas Board of Regents and other local, state, and federal reporting agencies.
- Recommends alternative solutions and innovations to meet College’s financial goals and to support growth of College programs and services.
- Monitors grant balances and expenditures, ensuring financial compliance with the regulations.
- Presents financial information on a monthly basis to the Board of Trustees and answers their questions or provides additional data as requested.
- Participates in the pricing of all college offerings, ensuring that revenue goals are accurately represented in the final price points.
- Develops long range plans for college facilities, including the preventative maintenance of existing facilities and the construction of new facilities. Evaluates the efficacy of existing facilities and the options for the relocation of programs and/or staff as warranted.
- Monitors the premiums paid to insure the College, requesting bids from competing vendors, as appropriate. Examines claims history to identify liabilities that can be reduced through improved processes, policies, or practices.
- Support the college’s foundation through periodic financial information reports. Coordinate between the foundation’s investment advisor and the Investment Committee of the Board on investment of the foundation’s assets.
- Insures systems adequately provide information needed to accomplish finance and administrative goals.
- Oversees the security function to insure the safety of students, staff and faculty and protection of the facilities and assets of the college. Responsible for emergency preparedness. Meets all federal and state reporting requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and extreme attention to detail are required.
- Ability to communicate in both corporate and educational cultures.
- Ability to analyze internal/external environments to recognize financial threats/opportunities.
- Ability to work as a team with other administrators, faculty, and staff in order to achieve the goals of the institution.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality within the College
- Ability to function effectively while prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage and motivate a staff to achieve the desired objectives.
- Ability to travel between campuses and within region as job requires.
- Knowledge, training and/or experience in continuous quality improvement principles.
- Ability to develop and administer short- and long-range strategic plans.
- Demonstrated ability to provide vision and leadership at a top management level.
- Demonstrated organization, project management and data analysis/compilation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience directing the financial/accounting operations in a corporation, non-profit organization, or higher education institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a supervisor.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred.
- Experience preparing financial statements, reports, and documentation; presenting financials to a corporate board.
- Executive leadership experience, required.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Attendance at required regularly scheduled meetings and in-services, as well as at meetings that may be scheduled on an impromptu basis. Long periods of sitting and/or standing required. Occasional travel within and outside of Wichita required. Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided to a broad constituency. Willingness to invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
8/2/2017 12:00:00 AM