To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Project Services Manager
Salary: $0 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
8a-5p; Monday - Friday
Location of work:
271 W. 3rd St., Wichita
Performs professional work in the preparation, analysis, and management of building construction and facility improvement projects. Supervises all construction project management staff. Performs property management function for all County real property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises Project Management staff and manages multiple construction projects, including budget, timeline, and scope of work.
- Serves as the owner's representative and contact point for all contractors involved.
- Plans, develops and implements the 5 year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Sedgwick County in line with County's mission and strategic goals and in coordination with the Division of Finance.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures pertaining to facility CIP projects and property management.
- Researches construction trends, contract language, property values, zoning and other code requirements for construction projects.
- Interacts with management and County Commissioners regarding proposed CIP projects and recommendations.
- Develops contract documents, specifications, and plans used to contract for professional architectural, engineering and construction services in the implementation of facility projects.
- Administers and interprets construction contracts; prepares bid documents and requests for proposals.
- Advises and assists division directors, department heads and elected officials in preparation and administration of capital projects and property transactions.
- Ensures thorough project records for CIP projects are maintained in a manageable form that facilitates administration of long-term warranties and product data that is routinely referred to.
- Promotes and enforces good quality control in professional and vendor contracts.
- Develops departmental CIP proposals, including building evaluations, architectural and engineering services, furnishings and equipment needs.
- Communicates and translates information between key individuals participating in, or affected by CIP projects.
- Monitors documents and schedules received from architects and contractors; interprets for non-technical persons involved in the project.
- Identifies complex operation or policy issues; collects, analyzes and prepares staff recommendations, including methods of implementation.
- Oversees all aspects of construction projects; resolves problems which arise; processes change orders; ensures projects are completed per specification; and coordinates with financial staff.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management or related field.
- Five to ten years experience in progressively responsible and varied architectural and/or construction project management work with supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skill set.
Office equipment; computer; MS office;
Office environment with some outdoor work.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
8/3/2017 12:00:00 AM
10/31/2017 11:59:59 PM