To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Custodian / Maintenance
General Description and Purpose
Responsible for general cleaning of classrooms, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, hallways and dorms as assigned by the Director of Facilities/Carpenter, and any condition that affects the safety and health of students, staff, and faculty.
- Clean and maintain assigned areas daily.
- Turn off lights in unused areas.
- Report all damage of college property.
- Secure all office doors, and other secured areas after cleaning.
- Perform maintenance on all college facilities as assigned by the Director of Facilities/Carpenter.
- Help with digging, raking, snow and ice removal.
- Required to perform holiday and Sunday duty on a rotating basis.
- Make good use the supplies available and economize wherever possible.
- Security of all college equipment, tools, buildings and vehicles.
- Assist in the set-up and breakdown of chairs, tables, etc., for various activities on campus.
- Assist in the installation and movement of equipment and/or machinery on campus.
- Serve the College and its customers in a professional and congenial manner.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities/Carpenter.
Supervises the Following Staff
Maintenance helper/Work Study
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Valid driver’s license.
- 21 years of age.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Skills in basic housekeeping, washroom sanitizing, general cleaning, safety, basic electricity and plumbing.
- Ability to communicate with other employees and students.
- Able to discern job priorities for self and others assigned so as to direct workload, and to complete work while dealing with various interruptions.
- Able to read and understand instructions & labels.
- Capable of moving a minimum 100 lbs. and ability to carry 15-45 lb. loads over 50 yds. multiple times in a (4) hour period.
- Ability to work on feet (standing, walking, constant movement) for a 4 hour period.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, climb, crawl and lift objects for a 4 hour period.
- Ability to lift 45 lb. objects overhead up to 7 feet high.
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, heavy equipment and machinery.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions for 4 hour periods.
Experience in general custodial work, maintenance, and repair of machines required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years college or trade school preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure
Position requires work both indoors and outdoors. Requires maintenance of the grounds
during inclement weather conditions.
Position requires evening and weekend work.
8/4/2017 12:00:00 AM