To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: County Manager
Job Title: Internal Financial Auditor
Salary: $72104.27 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday; 8am to 5pm
Location of work:
The Internal Financial Auditor will strive to ensure organizational compliance with governmental finance best practices and independent, external auditor recommendations. This will be achieved by reviewing existing policies and procedures, recommending improvements, assisting with training of financial staff throughout the organization, evaluating effectiveness of policies and procedures. and identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies.
Essential Job Functions:
Financial Risk Assessment Management
- Review and identify areas of financial risk to the County o Identify best practices and industry standards for government finance and recommend policy and procedure additions or changes to existing policy and procedure in accordance with best practices and industry standards; proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
- Review existing financial procedures and practices within the Division of Finance and throughout the organization to identify potential risks and to identify inconsistent practices and procedures; develop recommended changes to procedures and practices for consideration of Fiscal Policy Review Team to improve efficiency and effectiveness; and develop standardized training and provide coaching to fiscal staff
- Verification of source information provided to Division of Finance from other county divisions to ensure consistent application of generally accepted accounting principles, County policies and procedures, and other standards as appropriate.
- Improve fiscal protection through: management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices; in the internal control structure and in operating processes; and identifying root causes.
Ensure organizational compliance with best practices and financial policies and procedures in a constructive and sensitive manner
- Assist with development of county-wide strategies to address deficiencies identified through external audit
- Assist with implementation of operational policies and procedures for departments within and external to the Division of Finance
- Develop training materials and provide training to departments within and external to the Division of Finance regarding proper methods and procedures.
- Conduct spontaneous reviews to ensure compliance with existing policy, process and procedure.
- Verify reconciliations of assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items to documentation.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicate audit progress and findings to the Deputy County Manager and CFO by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; and preparing final audit reports.
- Provide financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protect organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
Actively collaborate with auditors and other county departments with governance responsibilities
- Collaborate with Internal Performance Auditor to ensure most efficient and effective use of resources
- Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements
- Work with other County departments with risk, control, and governance responsibilities to ensure successful tactical collaboration and information sharing
- Master's degree preferred
- At least three years of practical experience in accounting and one year of governmental auditing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Public/Business Administration, Economics or a related field.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP) or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA).
- Standard office equipment including phones, computers, photocopier.
- Software used includes Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and SAP.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
8/4/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/8/2017 11:59:59 PM