To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Newton
Job Title: Wastewater Plant Operator I
Salary: $14.88 Hourly
Under the supervision of the Wastewater Plant Supervisor, the Wastewater Plant Operator I performs semi-skilled labor in the maintenance and operation of the plant facilities. This employee handles the day-to-day operation of the wastewater systems for the city, including checking equipment for proper operation and making repairs when needed. Employee is subject to on-call rotation.
- Minimum of a Class 1 certification in wastewater, ability to obtain a Class 3 within one year of employment.
- Possession of a valid CDL with airbrake and tanker endorsement within six months of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must live within 20 miles of First and Main Streets
- Upon conditional offer of hire must be able to pass a criminal background, physical and drug/alcohol test.
The City of Newton offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits including health insurance plan, life insurance plans, paid vacation, sick leave, KPERS retirement and 10.5 holidays. Applications accepted until filled.
To view the full job description go to: www.newtonkansas.com
The City of Newton is an EEO/ADAAA employer.
WW Plnt Op 8.17
8/8/2017 12:00:00 AM