To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Miami County
Job Title: Information Specialist
Salary: $0 Hourly
Full time, non-exempt position is responsible for implementation, technical support, and maintenance of the Miami Sheriff's Office information system and assisting its users. Applicant must prioritize projects, test, adjust, repair or replace data, voice and/or video equipment and communication cables. Will coordinate and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
- Network, Servers, Software, Desktop, laptop, Recording Devices
- Smartphone, Ipad/tablet, Cabling, Security.
- Hardware/software updates.
- Hardware/software maintenance.
- Installation/replacement of new equipment
- Research updates of new technology and keep administration apprised.
Any duties deemed necessary by the Sheriff.
Scope of Responsibility
This position has no supervisory duties.
Internal and external contacts may include: the Board of County Commissioners, the County Administrator, external auditors, external consultants, vendors, general public and other individuals or groups.
Required Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of 1 year IT experience
High School diploma or GED, some college preferred.
1. Physical Demands: Performs sedentary work, sitting at desk for prolonged periods. May stand for extended periods during presentations. Lifts 50 pounds maximum and occasionally handles office equipment and materials. Stoops and bends when using files. Good physical health required.
2. Visual, Hearing and Dexterity Demands: Requires concentrated visual attention which must be maintained for sustained periods. Good vision and hearing acuity is required. Good eye and hand coordination is required. Must possess good dexterity to operate appropriate equipment.
3. Working Conditions: Works in clean, well lighted, heated and ventilated office.
Grade 8 - $18.01 - $19.63 DOQ
Position is located in Paola, Kansas Miami County. Located just south of Kansas City
Law enforcement background, MVR,physical and drug screen required.
Apply online at www.miamicountyks.org or www.joinmicoso.org
Miami County Administration, 201 S. Pearl, Suite 200, Paola, KS 66071
Position is open until filled. Applications received by 4:00pm on August 22, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Miami County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require reasonable accommodation to apply or need additional information. firstname.lastname@example.org
8/8/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/22/2017 11:59:59 PM