To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Information Technology and Support Services
Job Title: Senior Customer Support Analyst – Human Services
Salary: $22.34 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Provides technical desktop support to all Sedgwick County Human Services staff in the use and application of computer technology to the daily functional activities of their departments. Delivers support to both technical and non-technical Human Services, County, and District Court staff members by communicating on matters relating to product use and performance. Work closely with the State of Kansas Technical Support to resolve errors, testing, and implementation of new applications. Performs follow-up assessment of previously resolved issues. Answers questions, provides training, and resolves specific problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Driving is essential to attaining job objectives
- Expected to be able to stay trained on technologies and procedures. May work remotely or outside of normal hours to fulfill continuation of operations;
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone and email requests for assistance regarding IT problems;
- Provides telephone technical support and problem solving assistance to clients who use County technology. Analyzes problems to determine if they are within the client application, desktop software or workstation hardware;
- Performs initial triage to gather and analyze information about problems and performs diagnostic procedures to determine a course of action to resolve them;
- Communicate effectively with customers on status of service calls to ensure excellent customer service;
- Maintain documentation to properly track the status of all service calls, to assist in providing prompt response to users, and report on the progress of duties related to project participation;
- Position requires prompt and punctual employee presence;
- Maintains technical knowledge to keep up with rapid changes in the IT field;
- Uses the organization’s problem ticket management system effectively;
- Complete job assignments in a timely, professional and accurate manner;
- Provides daily reporting and follow up on problems to determine estimated resolution times when first contact resolution does not occur;
- Learns from, trains and collaborates with peers to improve Customer Support job skills;
- Responsible for creating and maintaining exceptional client and customer value.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, software and other computer-based products supported by the Human Services/IT;
- Knowledge of the process used to determine the applicability of a specific product to a given functional area;
- Knowledge of and skill in using the County’s problem ticket management system;
- Skill in the operation a personal computer and peripheral devices;
- Ability to develop and conduct training programs relating to the use of computer-based products;
- Ability to identify and provide resolution to problems relating to a supported product;
- Strong customer service orientation and effective interpersonal skills;
- Ability to present resolutions in a user friendly way to both technical and non-technical users;
- Ability to work on additional Infrastructure projects above and beyond technical phone support;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to provide regular attendance and timeliness;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with others; and
- Ability to determine compatibility between various software programs and hardware.
- This position may require occasional lifting of personal computer equipment, printers, and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This position may also require sitting at a computer and use a headset and/or telephone for extended periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or related field preferred.
- Two to three years experience or training in the use of personal computers including computer-based products supported by Sedgwick County Information Services Department or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies.
Computers and Computer Software
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
8/11/2017 12:00:00 AM
8/30/2017 11:59:59 PM