To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Dickinson County
Division: Public Health
Job Title: RN (Maternal and Child Health/Immunizations)
Salary: $0 Hourly
The position of Public Health Nurse is a specialized professional public health nursing position with responsibility for independently and cooperatively providing skilled nursing care, physical and developmental assessments, prenatal, parenting, nutrition, immunization, general health information, counseling and referrals to clients in clinic, community and home settings. This employee should possess excellent organizational, nursing, communication, and public relations skills. This position may also participate in disease investigations as defined by Kansas Statute.
Work includes planning for and carrying out the Maternal and Child Health program in Dickinson County.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all countywide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop, direct and evaluate the Maternal and Child Health program in Dickinson County.
- Provide clinic and/or home visits to pregnant women and infants, including assessments, screening, health education, as well as referral for further evaluation and/or treatment when necessary
- Participate in planning and administration of Immunization program; screen each client’s immunization status and determine appropriate action based on written protocols, assist in tracking and reminder systems, order supplies and complete monthly immunizations reports.
- Administer and follow-up allergy clients.
- Coordinate annual flu clinic with Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.
- Provide child health assessments, including Kindergarten, Medicaid, Well-Child and Daycare immunizations, pregnancy tests, T.B. skin tests and other general public health nursing duties as needed
- Provide developmental, urinalysis, hemoglobin, blood sugar, lead, height, weight, vision, hearing, blood pressure, and dental screenings with referrals as indicated.
- Supervise the Healthy Start Home Visitor by reviewing program materials and format and by providing professional nursing guidance regarding individual clients as needed, including home visit if warranted.
- Collaborate with other public and private health care providers to provide integrated, comprehensive services.
- Maintain client records in an organized concise manner, integrated with other health department records.
- Collect program data for use in community health assessment and planning.
- Participate in community planning and partnerships to improve maternal and child outcomes in Dickinson County.
- Complete visit information and record client visit record into KIPHS.
- Participate in disease investigations pursuant to Kansas Statute;
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of department policies, practices and operations.
- Good oral communication skills required to perform routine administrative duties such as responding to inquiries from telephone or visitors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of nursing practice with special emphasis on prenatal, postnatal and infant care.
- Assessment skills with the ability to develop a plan of care to enhance a positive outcome for the client.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other health professionals and community agencies.
- Ability to communicate with culturally diverse populations and youth.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all records.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to write clearly and legibly to index documents.
- Proper knowledge of grammar and spelling.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using the English language.
- Skills in organization, mathematical processes, time management and a high degree of computer proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to make independent decisions, use good judgment, accept results and receive constructive feedback in an appropriate positive manner.
- Able and willing to work with others toward achieving common goals. Demonstrate understanding of the importance of teamwork. Display positive attitude and support county policies and communicate properly.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of work, comprehend instructions without close supervision and volunteers to assist others, produces the expected volume of work.
- Execute work thoroughly, accurately and in an organized manner.
- Accept responsibility and complete work assignments on schedule, without undue delays and within other established parameters.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and arrives and leaves at the prescribed times.
- Dress and groom appropriately for the job.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A thorough knowledge of nursing assessment and clinical skills is required. The ability to operate medical and office equipment is necessary. Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required. This employee must be able to maintain confidentiality.
One to three years of similar or related nursing experience is required. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within one year or employment.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas or have a temporary permit to practice issued by the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
Certification in CPR
Valid Kansas Driver’s License
Child Health Assessment Certification from KDHE, recommended
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
8/30/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/29/2017 11:59:59 PM