To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Student Services/High School Partnerships
Job Title: High School Recruiting Specialist
The High School Recruiting Specialist supports the College’s enrollment goals for traditional students. This individual will manage travel schedules, implement recruitment strategies and build relationships with high school personnel, prospective students and other constituents using various forms of communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and documentation of the WATC Recruitment Plan.
- Cultivates interest in WATC. Visits targeted high schools, contacts prospective and interested students, attends college fairs, fosters relationships with church groups and community leaders to build positive rapport and create connections with groups and organizations such as Gear Up, Kansas Kids, Heritage Panel, AVID, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge about all aspects of the admissions process for new students, including admissions policies and procedures, financial aid, costs, placement exams, registrations procedures, student housing etc.
- Creates and implements new programs and marketing tools to focus on first generation college students and their families.
- Supervises, supports and leverages student recruitment activities toward meeting individual program and enrollment goals.
- Maintains knowledge of all College programs and resources; maintains academic records and information in the ERP system.
- At all times, engages in and promote teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WATC workplace.
- Attends meetings and training sessions. Projects an image of professionalism, including in conduct, communication, and dress.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Associate Dean or Vice President.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, or another related discipline required
- One or more years of experience working in higher education admissions or a competitive sales/marketing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of and sentivity to the attitudes of all prospective students and be aware of issues affecting their lives.
- A valid driver's license required,
- Ability and willingness to travel and work irregular hours (evenings and weekends),
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse population.
- Excellent customer oriented written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- User-level knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- An operating knowledge of Student Services software, such as Banner, is required within three months of entering the position.
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Extensive data entry/typing. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM