To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Dickinson County
Division: Emergency Medical Services
Job Title: Billing Clerk - EMS
Salary: $13.11 Hourly
The Billing Clerk performs various administrative duties in relation to the income and expenses incurred by the Emergency Medical Service. The Billing Clerk will perform processing, posting, verifying, and will maintain data and payments for accounts payable and receivable for EMS, and deal with past due and the collection of nonpaying accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all countywide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounting/billing process and collections for emergency medical service.
- Develops, implements and maintains all recordkeeping systems, databases, forms, policies and procedures related to billing, processing payments and other accounts payable and receivable activities.
- Operate office machines such as computer, calculator, typewriter, fax machine, weather radio, and duplicating machines.
- Performs other routine administrative duties such as data entry; refunds; deposits; mailings; balance books; filing; typing correspondence; and preparing mail.
- Duplicate data, information and records and compile records and reports.
- Use software to provide correspondence, reports, tables, and schedules. Assemble a variety of routine reports and tables.
- Respond to routine inquiries from telephone callers and visitors. Direct information to other departments if necessary and review documents for accuracy, completeness, and proper signatures.
- Prepare various reports for the County and for the State.
- Perform other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, giving information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, reading and routing incoming mail, and filing correspondence and other records.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, as well as standard billing and accounts receivable practices and operations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to operate computers and proficiently operate various software programs specific to scheduling, accounting and billing of medical accounts for health and EMS services. To operate a calculator and other related office equipment.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Sweet Billing software by Ortivus for EMS billing and KIPHS billing software.
- Ability to concentrate on many different tasks at the same time while there are constant interruptions, telephone calls, questions, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Proper knowledge of grammar and spelling.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using the English language.
- Skills in organization, mathematical processes, time management and a high degree of computer proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to make independent decisions, use good judgment, accept results and receive constructive feedback in an appropriate positive manner.
- Able and willing to work with others toward achieving common goals. Demonstrate understanding of the importance of teamwork. Display positive attitude and support county policies and communicate properly.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of work, comprehend instructions without close supervision and volunteers to assist others, produces the expected volume of work.
- Execute work thoroughly, accurately and in an organized manner.
- Accept responsibility and complete work assignments on schedule, without undue delays and within other established parameters.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and arrives and leaves at the prescribed times.
- Dress and groom appropriately for the job.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred experience in Sweet Billing software by Ortivus and KIPHS software for billing purposes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
9/5/2017 12:00:00 AM
9/22/2017 11:59:59 PM