To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Dickinson County
Job Title: System Administrator
The position of System Administrator is established to perform highly complex LAN/WAN (Local Area Network and Wide Area Network) projects involving the design, analysis, maintenance and implementation of LAN/WAN equipment and networks and perform system administration of computers. The position will provide technical and administrative support using a variety of application software; maintain adequate knowledge of existing hardware and software in use to maximize efficiency of the network and users’ utilization of them; and provide written documentation which evaluates LAN information on periodic intervals. This position is supervised by the County Administrator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all countywide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks and servers.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot printers, scanners and copiers.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build and internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Maintain knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitor and report licenses on applications to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain phone systems.
- Develop a County wide Technology Plan.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN/WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problems-solving aptitude.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to make independent decisions, use good judgment, accept results and receive constructive feedback in an appropriate positive manner.
- Able and willing to work with others toward achieving common goals. Demonstrate understanding of the importance of teamwork. Display positive attitude and support county policies and communicate properly.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of work, comprehend instructions without close supervision and volunteers to assist others, produces the expected volume of work.
- Execute work thoroughly, accurately and in an organized manner.
- Accept responsibility and complete work assignments on schedule, without undue delays and within other established parameters.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and arrives and leaves at the prescribed times.
- Dress and groom appropriately for the job.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
BSc/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus; related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Kansas Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
9/5/2017 12:00:00 AM